Saturday, December 18, 2010

Counting the Blessing

Today's one of those days of random thoughts and sappy feelings for me!  When I was up making breakfast this morning, I turned on my iPod to listen to some slow jams and found myself tearing up!  I charged it to my hormone surge! 

And then I went upstairs to catch up on my DVR recordings, where Bill & Giuliana Rancic are on my recorded series list. So needless to say if you ever watch this series, their struggle to have a child has become a central storyline for this show.  Although I'm sure, that was NEVER intended when they signed up for the show.  Besides, who really thinks that having a child would come with so much challenge??  I admire Bill's support and I applaud Giuliana's courage and strength as they go through such a difficult time.  Yes, I probably speak about them as if we're great friends, but their story resonates with me as I hear personal friends' struggles and challenges to get pregnant, deliver and/or to even maintain their pregnancy!

Bill & Giuliana Rancic
Just in the past 3 months, four people I know have had their own struggles.

My bestie in Dallas just gave birth 2 months ago to a full term, healthy baby boy, but not without being on bed rest for 4 months after having to have a cervical cerclage to stop a premature delivery!
Look at him now!!  Well worth ALL those days in bed!    
One of my god mother's friends recently went into premature labor and gave birth at 27-weeks to a 2 pounds and something ounce baby girl.  She is still in the hospital, but they are quite confident and optimistic that she will develop just fine!

Recently, another one of my girl friends was just put on bed rest to stop her contractions.

And I am still, as always, in prayer for my line sister who's been trying for 4 or 5 years to conceive.

Stories like these have to make you thankful, encouraged and blessed to know that babies really are a blessing from God!

1 comment: