Saturday, April 2, 2011

Daddy's Girl

I haven't posted a blog recently because I went out of town last minute to Shreveport to check on my Daddy who's in the hospital after emergency intestinal surgery.  He asked me not to come because "I need to take care of my family," as he says, but I went anyway because he IS my family!  I've ALWAYS been a Daddy's girl as long as I can remember.  As a matter of fact, my earliest memories as a child include daddy/daughter moments that I will cherish for a lifetime.

As a little girl, I never really dreamt of my husband on my wedding day, I dreamt of my daddy walking me down the aisle.  As I look back, that moment was more important to me than the wedding itself.  

Thank God my childhood dream came to fruition!  My Daddy is still in the hospital, but I'm praying for a full recovery.  Even if it's not a fast recovery, I pray for a full recovery.




As I look into my daughter's eyes, as much as I love her and cherish her, I want her to have the same fortunate relationship with her father that I've had.  And really, there's no doubt in my mind that she will!  I know my mother harbored a bit of jealousy as a wife as she saw our relationship, because in my eyes, Daddy could do NO wrong!  Whenever Mom would vent to me about Dad, it fell on deaf ears and she knew it!  

So as much as I love my Lil J, the relationship with her father is such a precious one and it began the days he laid eyes on her!  


Holding her the day she was born

I think this is Day 2...staring at the love of his life

He even changes diapers with no problem!

Pictures are worth 1,000 words...this one says one ~ Enchanted

Boyfriends....LOOK OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment