Monday, April 11, 2011

Bless My Baby!


I know that we went home to Shreveport the other week, but it was solely to check on my father in the hospital.  We were already planning to have JSL's baby blessing on May 22 at my childhood church in Shreveport, but we made the trip home a little earlier.  I pray that my daddy is healthy and strong by then, so now, I'm on with the planning for May.

I got confirmation from the church that the date is good, I sent out the invitations yesterday to many of my friends and family at home, bought our tickets to fly home and now the blessing is all set!

Next thing to do now is to secure the reception site and menu and of course, find a precious white dress.  I thought it would've been easier to do, but I seem to be pretty picky about the style and fabric.  Also, she will be 3 months next week and her 0-3 clothes are still big on her, so I'm cautious about the dress size as well.  Maybe size 3-6 will work, but I don't want it to look like a wedding gown on her!  Stay tuned to see some of the dresses that may make the short list.

I'm extremely excited about my childhood pastor doing her blessing because he baptized me when I was 7 years old!  Life sure has come full circle as he will now be officiating the blessing of my child!

No comments:

Post a Comment