Monday, September 6, 2010

Progress Being Made

I spent my Labor Day weekend laboring over which infant car seat I will go with, which stroller best suites us and what all should go in our L.L's nursery.  I needed advice, recommendations, consumer report reviews and everything else to make sure I'm getting great quality at a great price.  I've noticed that the heart string that the stores pull are the ones that involve the saying, "This is a little more expensive because you have more safety features for the baby than some of the less expensive models"!  Okay...."anything for the baby"!  Just to give you a glimpse of the things we're planning to get...here it goes!
McLaren Quest Sport Stroller
I heard that this umbrella style stroller isn't necessary until around 3 months, but I want to get it now so I'll have it!

Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat
One of my friends convinced me this is the one to get...and the retail clerk helped also!
For some reason, just picking these two things out was really stressing me for some reason.  I felt a big sigh of relief almost immediately when I decided to go with these...I feel like all the other necessities will just "fall in place"!  :-)  Wishful thinking I'm sure.

SO, on to the nursery...my fave!  :-)

Daddy Lav and I went to Lowe's yesterday to browse color options.  Where we're deciding to create the nursery, we already had the room painted a shade of grey.  So rather than wasting that expense, we decided to keep the predominate color of the room grey and determine an accent color.  So because it's a girl...the room color will be lavender and grey!  "Lavender"....imagine that!  So here's a few ideas we're thinking of now!

The shell for the inspiration behind L.L's nursery design
Keep me in mind that I intentionally call this FABULOUS room the shell because by no means will L.L's room be an exact replica of what you see here.  But what I will use is the wonderful color combination, the simplicity of the design and the appropriate mix of modern with traditional style!  Because I will be going for a "look for less", I've attached some ideas I plan to include in the room.

Lighting - Chandelier


I really like this wall applique and want to include it somehow in the room!

So, we'll see how this work of art comes together as God continues to create His little masterpiece!!

No comments:

Post a Comment