Monday, September 13, 2010

In Planning Mode

Now my pregnancy is really getting more realistic to me.  For some reason, and even sometimes still, it doesn't quite seem like I'm really going to be a mother.  Also, I have to remind myself that I'm really pregnant.  Just the other day I was telling D.L. that if the Saints made it to the Super Bowl this year again, I WILL be at that game, especially since the Super Bowl will be in Dallas.  All D.L. said was, no you won't.  Which made me have to step up my tone and say, YES, I will.  So this banter went back and forth and he said, think about it.  I paused.  Thought. And conceded.  Yes, you're right, NO, I won't....oh yeah, I'm pregnant and due along that same time!

Proof.  Here's another "bump" pic that I just had to take Sunday before church.  I could see it in my dress and insisted that it's a Canon moment!



So now that reality is setting in more and more...I'm ALL about preparation and planning!  The side of me that D.L. despises and I relish!  :-)   Fail to plan and plan to Fail...my personal mantra!

So, to be able to mark several of those "to do's" off the list.  Here's what we did last weekend.
  • D.L. and the fellas moved the futon, hutch and desk out of the upstairs bedroom that used to be called my office...now L.L's nursery
  • Ordered her crib from Buy Buy Baby...with our 20% off discount coupon!
  • Purchased her lilac crib bedding
  • Ordered the name and tree appliques for her wall
  • Completed the full registries at Buy Buy Baby and Babies R' Us
  • Turned in the names for invites to our co-ed shower (Which I'm super excited that two of my girl friends have offered to host)

So of course there's more to do, and my next big buy will be my glider.  I've drooled long enough and it's time to set this purchase in motion!  

No comments:

Post a Comment