Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's a Girl!!

Well the much anticipated and LONG 5 month wait is over, now let the planning begin!

                                      

D.L. and I prayed prior to heading to the doctor's office and I must admit, I could hardly sleep last night, waking at 1:30, 2:30, and 4:00 in the morning, for thinking of "what will it be"?   D.L. says I have O.C.D., (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), but I like to rebut that by saying I'm just organized and thorough!  (Call it what you want)  

So here's our 10 ounce beauty... 





While the ultrasound technician was getting the images, she kept moving around giving the technician every shot she needed.  When the technician needed to see between her legs, she cooperated.  When the tech needed to see her spine, she turned face down, and when the tech needed to see her frontal face view, she looked directly at the screen, I think she loved the camera!  So she should get used to the poses now, because I will be all the paparazzi she'll need!  :-)

Well as much as I plan to keep the decor gender neutral, knowing that we're having a girl is going to be hard to keep the feminity out of the picture, but hearing D.L. tell me in the doctor's office that we'll be trying for a boy next year this time....makes me think I WON'T be going crazy on the baby girl design & purchases!  As a matter of fact, D.L. is still hanging on to a little bit of hope that the technician couldn't really see if it is a girl or not, so we will have one more look during the third trimester.  Whatever!  Technology these days are pretty accurate, so he'll have to accept that this baby girl will soon have his heart wrapped around her tiny fingers!!

It was so refreshing to know that she's a normal size with all 4 heart chambers, beautifully created lips, no chromosomal disorders and seemingly as healthy as can be.  I pray that her development continues to progress according to God's will!

No comments:

Post a Comment