Sunday, August 8, 2010

10-days of Love with my Fam

I was so excited to host my two nieces and my nephew who flew in from Louisiana.  They left me now, but it was such a joy to have them with me.  I only get to see my family maybe twice a year these days and I NEVER thought I would be that person.  Life sets a direction that you thought you'd never go in and boom, all of a sudden what you never thought would happen becomes a reality!  I really enjoyed exposing them to so much that they'd never done and seen before.  During their time here, we went to New York, Washington D.C., Dave & Busters, Howard University, Blacks in Wax museum, and several other little tours!  But to see the expressions on their faces when they saw the city, the monuments, the crabs, etc., it made me have an even better time.  Even though all the walking was tiring for me!



 At this point in my life, having little helpers around is SO key, since now I find myself coming home from work tired and sleepy!  So I must admit it was a pleasure to assign "kitchen duty", sweeping and vacuuming and being free from a few chores for 10 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment