Sunday, January 9, 2011

Does Size REALLY Matter??

Of course this is the age old question that we ask about several situations, but in the case of my belly, the answer is NO!

So last week, I got a little nervous because at 36 weeks, my doctor measured my fundal height and told me that I'm measuring small, so she wanted to move my sonogram up to make sure everything is okay.  At 36 weeks, I should measure at 36 cm, but when she took my measurement, I measured at 32 cm.  My first thought was, haven't we discussed me being small before!

So I held my breath for a week, awaiting my sonogram appointment and prayed that her growth and development was/is fine.  So I'm happy to say...ALL IS WELL!  The ultrasound technician measured all of her parts and said she's measuring normal in every measure.  (sigh of relief)


So even though my measurement is smaller than my gestational period...baby girl is ALL there!  And as a matter of fact, they estimated her weight at 6.5 lbs, so we'll see soon!



1 comment: