Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Day Before My EDD!

Well my official EDD (Estimated Due Date for you non-moms) is tomorrow, but as of my last doctor's appt. I haven't dilated at all, but I'm 50% effaced.  So what that means at this point...bottom line...it's "anyday" now.  I must admit that this waiting game is certainly nerve-wrecking.  Especially for a "my water may break any moment now" preggo, doing my day to day activity comes with a bit of reservation and fear!  The fortunate part is that I've been moving around and doing my thing up to this point...with swollen feet and ankles and all!  My mom and sister hate that though, but the good thing is that it doesn't happen consistently.

Since I've been off work for the last two weeks, I've been able to focus on more than I probably need to, but at least all of my "loose ends" have been wrapped up.

Things I've done while waiting...

1.  Finished Packing my bag!

    • Snacks - A MUST
    • Toiletries
    • Nursing Camisole and all things Nursing
    • Button down PJs
    • Cosmetic Bag
    • LL's first outfit
    • My going home clothes
    • Preloaded iPod and music station - I created a Labor & Delivery playlist with motivational sounds for that YOU CAN DO IT, BREATHE, PUSH experience!  And because I'm sometimes "extra" I intermittenly positioned our delivery theme song, Stevie Wonder's - Isn't She Lovely, throughout the playlist. - Gotta love this 1st time Mom thing!
    2.  Finalized L.L.'s Nursery 

    • I think I have everything that I need and want her to have at this point.  I admit, because of my self-imposed budget, I completed the nursery with more of a "look for less" feel rather than the "no expense spared" concept I originally had in mind!  But nonetheless, L.L will want for NOTHING!
    • The LAST outstanding item is to get the 4 wall shelves for knick-knacks and books.  I will have to pick those up and put them up once she gets here!


    3.  Groomed the Pups

    • They are in for a RUDE awakening once LL gets here!
    • Welcome to the back seat Nina and Miles!










    4.  CLEANED~CLEANED~CLEANED

    • I guess this is a bit of my nesting instincts kicking in, but it's really hard for me to know if it's nesting, or my OCD kicking in high gear!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment