Monday, January 10, 2011

A Dose of Placenta



One of my fave blogs that I follow had a post that really amazed me!  Yes, this pic above is the placenta aka, "the afterbirth" after her recent delivery.  After reading her post, I researched the nutritional value of eating the placenta and I found this concept even more mind blowing.  Especially when the article mentioned that the greatest benefits are garnered when the placenta is eaten raw!

In the blog I was reading, her doula washed, cooked and dehydrated her placenta and served it in pill form for her to take.




I applaud the holistic efforts and appreciate the natural and full birthing experience that many women hope to attain, but I think I will continue to take my prenatal vitamins and pass on a dose of my own placenta!

1 comment: