Thursday, February 24, 2011

1 Month Later

Who knew that changing filthy diapers, feeding around the clock, losing HOURS of sleep and being patient through wailing cries could feel so rewarding??  Yesterday, marked JSL's 4th week here in our life and it feels like she's always been here!  At this point, I see why SAHMs (stay at home moms) say they DO work, they work in the home.  Trust me...yes, it IS work!

For our 1 month "pat ourselves on the back", DL and I toasted to a lifetime of parenthood at Bonefish Grill, with JSL in tow!  It was an amazingly funny adventure having our first date night as parents.

Things I NEVER had to think about before JSL

  1. I had to figure out, should I get dressed first or dress her first?
  2. What time should I feed and change her to ensure she sleeps through our dinner?
  3. If I bundle her, will she be too hot in the restaurant?
  4. So, what all should I really pack in her diaper bag?  What's truly necessary?  (All I had were wipes, 2 diapers, and a 2.5 oz bottle I pumped for her).  She's really simple at this age!
  5. Lastly, luckily DL was with me, because I wondered...can I carry her carseat in 4-inch boots?  
Even with all those first time parental thoughts, the night was PERFECT!  DL and I kept looking at each other like, "you know we're winging this whole thing"!  Luckily, she slept through our entire dinner and didn't wake until we walked in the door back at home!



1 comment:

  1. You did it! I just loved this post! I smiled to myself thinking the first time we took O out for dinner. We stared at her the whole time and never even had a conversation the entire time. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete