Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Week Ago Today!

Boy, it really doesn't seem like one week ago I was a vessel bringing life into this world!  Now I'm being mommy to my precious baby girl!  Now, I sometimes have to remind myself that I'm not pregnant anymore!   Like having a glass of wine or beer with absolutely NO guilt...now, it's just coordinating my timing since I'm nursing!  Like when the dogs jump over me, as I'm used to overreacting thinking they're going to land on my belly!  Like not needing to drinch my belly in cocoa and shea butters!

After being cautious for about 10 months, I'd come accustomed to the "pregnant way of life"!  So now, I can officially say that I've turned my thoughts towards motherhood!

1st week of life update:

  • Weight - 6lbs 9oz
  • Head Circumference - 33cm
  • Length - 20in
  • Getting one shade darker by the day!  LOL!
I never thought to use formula for the first 3 months of her life, so I'm happy that I haven't had any issues getting latched on for me to nurse.  The first 3 - 4 days were brutal for my sore nipples, but it's SO much better now.  I must say that I enjoy nursing.  I enjoy knowing that I can provide the sustinence & calming comfort she needs to be a happy and healthy baby!  And the bond I feel when she nurses is indescribable.  

It's been hard work and it's certainly 24 hours a day, but take a look at what gives me my motivation and inspiration to give her my best!





With a sweet face like this....how could I not fall so in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment