Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thank God for Moms

Yesterday marked JSL's 2 week birthday and it seems like she's been in our life forever!  It's amazing to realize the resilience we have as human beings and especially as parents.  Bringing life into this world and taking the responsibility to nurture that life is a priority that you just do!  This week my mom came in for a week to stay with us and meet her newest grandbaby.  This is grandbaby number 14 for her and our family.  The wonderful thing though, even though she's not the first or the only, is that she is loved just the same!  The energy and excitement my family had around the arrival of JSL was just as special as waiting on my nephew, Big A, who was the first!

Mom has been a HUGE help just doing things that I normally took for granted when JSLs was not around.  Like Friday, she's keeping JSL while DL and I go to get our taxes done.  So simple, yet so complicated now with a child.  She cleaned my hardwood floors to a shiny finish, vaccuumed the carpet and never leaves a dish in the sink unwashed!  Gotta love the help!  I also took advantage of the fact that my mom's being here by going to a Superbowl party last Sunday and a girl's night out dinner at Talara Tuesday with two of my girlfriends!

Lastly, I thank my mom for passing on good genes!
2 Weeks before JSL

2 weeks After JSL


Me and the other love of my life!
Now two weeks post JSL, of course it's too soon to exercise, but nursing has been helping to burn the calories I can't get rid of on a treadmill!  I still have to get it right, get it tight, but the good news is that I don't have to lose much.  My focus will be to tighten my stomach muscles as much as possible, especially as LL #2 is already in discussion!  YES...I said it!

1 comment:

  1. You look faaaaaantastic! And talking about #2--Go ahead with your bad self!:) Love it.

    ReplyDelete