Monday, October 25, 2010

The Last Week of My 2nd Trimester

Yep....Another week!  Really, what keeping track of the weeks is telling me, is not only that my pregnancy seems to be going quickly, but it tells me that the time passes right before us.  So many things in life occupy our thoughts, time, actions, etc., I realize the old cliche' more and more....Stop and smell the roses!  I know that I'm a BIG culprit of being on the go and and being impatient with almost everything in life, but more and more I realize to stop and enjoy the moments.


The top five moments that I'm stopping to enjoy now are:

  1. I actually appreciate feeling L.L. move.  Honestly, perhaps too honest, I would sometimes think...please be still, you are moving A LOT!  Now, I thank God for the movement!  One of my friends in Cleveland said she could only vaguely remember feeling her baby move once while she was pregnant!  I didn't think that was possible, but it was another affirmation that I should appreciate every kick, turn, flip, hiccup, etc!
  2. Waking up in the morning just to look into the nursery.  Realizing that very soon, and at all times of the night, I will soon be walking in there to feed her, rock her, play with her, read to her and the list goes on!
  3. Updating my blog!  I know it won't be this easy to just stop to pick up the computer and chronicle my thoughts and experiences!  
  4. Saturday cleaning.  Who knew this could give me such a since of accomplishment these days??  Well now, I think that the hours that I spend cleaning will be more peaceful and uninterrupted now more than later!  I can't even imagine how loading the dishwasher will soon be interrupted by feedings and changings!
  5. Dinners out with D.L.  Daddy L always told me that I took going out to dinner with him for granted.  I never really considered that as a date, because we're just eating.  But NOW...I appreciate our date nights because I know that very soon, they will not come as often, as easy, and so peaceful!

According to the Storknet:
During this week, the brain continues its rapid growth, and the lungs continue to grow. Eyelids begin to open, and the retinas begin to form. The baby will grow over 1/2 inch this week and will be about 1 1/3 feet long (from crown of head to the toes or 9.6 inches from crown to rump)!



1 comment: