Friday, October 22, 2010

Mama Picasso


Purple and Charcoal Gray Flower Paintings
Don't ask what gave me this inspiration...okay, well I can tell you!  I record the HGTV Color Splash episodes and I admire the artistic skills of David Bromstad and months ago after watching one of his episodes, I went out to Michael's and bought paint and canvases!  Yes, impulsive and perhaps out of boredom, but when you see the prices some of these "so called" artists charge for paintings, I thought...I can do that!

So as you can see, I'm no Picasso, but I thought for a child's room...MY child's room, these pictures will hang with lots of love!  I even signed them, Love Mom because I want her to know that I painted these for her!

More progress pics...here's the flowering tree decal D.L. and I put up.
Gray walls and Lavender border


The tree branches are up
And now for the flowers
All complete!  Tree, flowers, birds and butterflies....

If you haven't noticed, my original nursery idea is SO out of the window.  And I went much more girlie than I ever imagined!   Oh well....it will all come together.  Besides, all I really need is for L.L. to be in the room and she'll make it beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. Looking GOOD mama! The commissioned, signed artwork is a nice touch. I'm impressed. Also I think you are following your inspiration nicely--not xeroxing (anyone could do that) but making it your own. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, clearly I don't know how to post comments! LOL Anyway........wanted to say that everything looks great! I love, love, love the decal - it looks awesome. You are too cute! And like CCM said, you are making it your own and it's beautiful. Love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks J and CCM....I didn't think trying put together a nursery would be so thought intensive, but now I think differently (more particularly) when it comes to Little Lavender! I know you both know what I mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete