Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Milestone Day


Well today marks a couple of key milestones as we plan for the arrival of our baby girl.  Today, Daddy Lav (D.L.) and I celebrate our 1-year anniversary!  This day last year, I was absorbed in the planning, preparation and the celebration of two becoming one!  Where does the time go because it really doesn't seem like a year ago.  What's amazing is that while we are celebrating our 1 year anniversary, today marks the milestone of less than 100 days (99 days) left until my due date to deliver L.L.
My smile today is as big as it was this day last year!
I would never have expected to be exactly 1-year later planning, preparing and ready to celebrate the birth of our first child.  But nonetheless, this is the blessing that God has placed in our life.  With less than 100 days to go, I feel L.L. more than ever.  At 26 weeks tomorrow, she moves around, sits on my bladder and responds to the D.L.'s voice as if she already recognizes the bass in his voice.  When I wake in the mornings or sometimes when I go to sleep, D.L. calls for her to wake up and tells her, "this is your Daddy"!  Shortly after, I begin to feel her move around as if she understands everything he's saying.  I thoroughly enjoy when he puts his hands on my belly to feel her move.  Just to look at the fascination in his eyes is fascinating to me.  When I see his expression, it makes me less affected by the fact that she's kicking me in my bladder and I feel like I'm about to explode...with love that is!  :-)


To L.L....
An Anniversary Message for YOU!

One year ago today, your father and I became one.  
We knew we had hopes and dreams of planning a family 
strong enough to lift a million tons!

Though that type of weight may sometimes feel like it's too much to bear,
When you recognize the love that we have for you,
That weight will feel lighter than air!

You are such a blessing to us and we've never seen your face.
So all we can do is thank God for His little miracles 
as we prepare to welcome you to your new space.

No comments:

Post a Comment