Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Peek-a-Boo...I See You!!!


Boy or Girl???  Who knows but God...but all I can say is Thank You!  Today, Daddy Lavender and I went to our first ultrasound appointment.  The doctor confirmed my estimate and indeed I am 6 weeks preggo!  I have been SOOOO blessed to have NO morning sickness, nausea, or any other icky pregnancy symptoms, but the books say that this is the week when all that begins.  Not for me though, as they say in the Baptist Church...."I'm not claiming that;" however, my boobs still feel like bricks and I do get headaches periodically, but other than that...I can't tell that this little 3mm baby, the size of a lentil bean, with a heartbeat, is in me!!

So amazing...a bean with a heart!

We saw on the ultrasound that Little Lavender's (aka L.L.) heartbeat was at 128bpm (classified by the sonogram technician as NORMAL)!  At this stage and with the little miracle growing, NORMAL is a GREAT word to hear!  I tell you....it's the little things that matter so much these days.
..........................................................
On another note, I told Daddy Lavender this past weekend, that one thing he will have to bear with me on is my neurotic and anal side...specifically keeping a CLEAN house!
I will need to meditate when  L.L. arrives and I'll have to deal with spilled juice, milk, dirty carpet, and a house that's not clean!  Saturdays are my days to clean and I just have NOT broken down to hire a cleaning service.  I think no one cleans your house like you...but with a baby and NO free weekends to devote to all day cleaning....I may start conducting interviews??



I LOVE a clean home!

1 comment: