Saturday, June 5, 2010

Food ~ Friend or Foe?

Okay....today started out very well.  We woke up and headed to our local grab-a-bit of breakfast spot, Double T's Diner.  I ordered my usual, french toast with bacon and eggs.  These days I can never eat even half my food...it's usually about 1/3 of the portion and food has NOT been my friend.  So afterwards, Daddy L. and I had plans to go to the Capital Jazz Fest and see some of our favorite artists like, Ledisi, Raphael Saadiq, Gerald Albright, etc.  But before that...we were going to mulch the backyard landscaping. (whooo...just the sound of all this exhausted me).

Well today, at 7-weeks...L.L. changed our plans! Stomach pains, nausea, gas and bloating, what an uncomfortable feeling!!  I consider myself well read and as much as I try to anticipate what I'm going to endure, the articles didn't call for this!  I read that at this stage of baby development:

"I'm Tiny But Gaining Fast!  The baby is about 1/3 of an inch, the size of a grain of rice. Development of the arms and legs continue although the fingers and toes haven't yet formed. The brain is growing as well as the lenses of the eyes, nostrils, intestines, pancreas and bronchi."

But nonetheless...no FUN or productivity today!

Good thing I cleaned the house already; otherwise, I'd be miserable and surrounded by a dirty home...now that would really make my stomach hurt!


No comments:

Post a Comment