Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On a Hormone High

I go to work everyday and I know that my co-workers don't yet know that I'm expecting.  I feel like I'm holding a big secret inside my belly!   I was in a business meeting today with my cell phone ringer on high to make sure I didn't miss my doctor's call to tell me my new hormone level since my last blood test.  So when my cell phone rung during the meeting....I politely excused myself from our small group strategic session!

I never knew that I'd get SO excited to hear how my hormone levels are increasing!!!  It's the smallest things that I hear these days that make me smile and light up inside to know that my baby is growing!  To detail the sequence of events as well as the various levels of emotion from my talking to my physician...it went like this.
  • Call 1 -- Well Mrs. Allison....your bloodwork is positive and you are pregnant.  Come in and let's get some bloodwork. (COMPLETELY ECSTATIC)
  • Call 2 -- Well your Hcg levels are back and they are low...only around 176.  Come in and get more bloodwork to make sure your levels are "going in the right direction".  (SO NERVOUS)
  • Call 3 -- Well Allison, your levels have risen to 419 now.  That's good and they ARE going in the right direction.  So come in and let's get another level. (CAUTIOUSLY CHEERFUL)
  • Call 4 -- Good news!!  Your levels have increased NICELY!  They are in the 3,000's now!  So schedule an appointment and come in for your ultrasound!  (YEAH!!!)
So never have I been so excited to get blood drawn, have a vaginal inspection, and enjoy hearing about my raging hormones!! 

1 comment: